Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting research in Seventy’s core mission areas of campaign finance, elections and voting, government reform, and ethics and transparency.
- Assisting in the administration of the Election Ambassador Corps and Election Innovation Challenge. Responsibilities may include communicating with partner groups, coordinating the volunteer network, and managing program materials.
- Preparing materials and supporting logistics of candidate debates or issue forums in the 2018 election season.
- Assisting individuals who contact Seventy's office or submit inquiries via email. Interns will be trained in the basics of Philadelphia government and politics with an emphasis on elections and voting procedures.
- Developing and editing Seventy’s website content and social media presence. Important tasks may include monitoring and analyzing metrics to guide the organization’s content and engagement strategy.
- Attending meetings or forums with representatives of government and community groups.
- Assisting with fundraising, marketing or development projects including prospect and foundation research, events and grant writing, as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer.
Applicants with academic backgrounds in law, public policy, history or political science are encouraged to apply; however, we consider strong interest in Seventy’s nonpartisan mission to be more important than matching coursework.
All candidates must have (1) a strong academic record; (2) excellent research and writing skills; and (3) experience or interest in political and/or governmental issues at the local and state level. High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel is advantageous. Other skills can be picked up along the way. Internship positions are unpaid, but we write terrific recommendations! Hours and duration are negotiable.
Download the full job description as a PDF document.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Patrick Christmas, Policy Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE: Summer Public Policy Internships have been filled. We welcome applicants for the fall 2018 term and Seventy's new Digital Democracy Fellowship.